A warming bowl of soup, perfect for those wet, and distinctly unspring-like, April days. Try this delicious and flavoursome bowl of soup, served here with Peter’s Yard crackers, topped with shavings of cheddar cheese & chilli jam.
Ingredients (makes 4-6 bowls)
500ml stock – check out my chicken stock recipe, or use any branded stock cube you can find in the supermarket, I like Knorr.
2 large red peppers
3 large tomatoes, or a handful of cherry tomatoes
4 large carrots
2 or 3 garlic cloves, peeled
Parsley – fresh or dried
Salt & pepper
- Prepare your stock in a large pan, leave to cool with the lid on.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180’C.
- Chop the vegetables and add them all to large roasting tray (I line mine with tin foil for easy cleaning!)
- Cover the vegetables with parsley (roughly chopped if fresh) and drizzle the whole tray with good quality olive oil, then season with salt & pepper.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for about 40mins, until the carrots are soft.
- Add the vegetables to the stock and blitz with a handheld blender until smooth. I use the Kenwood Soup XL.
- Add a little more salt and/or pepper if required.
- Heat the soup right the way through on the hob and enjoy, or dish it up into tupperware portions for the freezer.